We are looking for a driven and creative Learning Designer to work on some exciting learning projects for a wide range of clients.
Your role will be to produce effective, engaging learning solutions that meet our clients’ needs. You will write learning objectives, write and edit learning content, and produce storyboards, scripts and art direction briefs. The majority of your work will involve e-learning courses, but you could also get involved in scripting for video, working on learning games, or providing instructional design on blended learning projects.
You’ll work with both in-house and client Subject Matter Experts to obtain content and organise and edit it into logical, well-structured and clearly written learning that’s appropriate for the audience.
You will also collaborate with consultants, art directors, developers and project managers. As the learning design lead for your projects you’ll have a view on the best design approach for each one, given the particular client needs, and be able to articulate that viewpoint persuasively.
Ideally you will have at least a year’s experience of designing e-learning courses. If not, you’ll be passionate about learning, with an interest in technology and the web. You’ll have some knowledge of learning theory and experience of designing something as part of a team.
Eukleia specialises in governance, risk and compliance (GRC) training and works extensively with clients in the financial services sector. You may not have a background in either of these areas, but will be enthusiastic about learning more about them and becoming a specialist in GRC training.
Your main duties will include:
- Having a creative vision for learning projects, and holding responsibility for their quality
- Researching content and working with the client and internal teams to transform that content into effective and engaging learning
- Working with an art director to define visual and multimedia approaches
- Creating detailed design documentation, including storyboards
- Outlining and developing interactive scenarios and case studies
- Writing creative, concise and persuasive instructional copy
- Understanding how to get the best from a variety of in-house and off the shelf authoring tools. This will include becoming familiar with LTG group technologies and products and leveraging experience from across the group
- Developing effective assessment questions, quality distractors and practice interactions that accurately test the learners’ ability to meet those objectives
- Working with multiple client stakeholders and internal project managers to produce clear, actionable, in-scope client feedback for developers and art directors.
- Ability to write clearly and engagingly
- Understanding of and interest in how people learn, through both formal and informal interventions, in a business environment
- Understanding of and interest in developments in technology and their best practice use to enhance learning
- Ability to research and quickly absorb new information
- Interest in the latest theories, theorists, debates and advances in e-learning design and standards (to embrace not just traditional e-learning on PC, but also emerging learning technologies and web)
- Ability to balance innovation conversations with practical implementation requirements – always thinking about effectiveness of design and value to the client
- Ability to solve problems and make sense of ambiguous or complex tasks
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions in challenging and/or ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to negotiate, consult effectively and to deal with people and issues with sensitivity
- Good communication skills with different audiences and different media – written and oral
- Energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, confidence and ability to take the initiative
- Resilience, tenacity and the ability to work to tight deadlines and sometimes in challenging circumstances
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and prioritise effectively
- Ability to establish standards and monitor quality
- Ability to work in partnership and to promote collaborative working
At Eukleia we offer a competitive salary and an impressive benefits package including a healthcare cash plan, life assurance, pension contributions, a ShareSave scheme, flexible working, a discretionary bonus scheme and travel loans along with access to Perkbox for individually tailored benefits and offers. All that and great bean-to-cup coffee and fresh fruit in our UK offices.
The salary for this role is £26,000 p/a.
About the company:
Eukleia was first established in 2005, and has gone from strength to strength as a specialist Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC) training consultancy ever since. Eukleia has offices in both London and New York, catering to an international clientele, including many of the world’s leading banks.
Our capabilities cover all aspects of training, from initial course design through to delivery and assessment. As part of Learning Technologies Group plc, we create engaging and accessible learning, partnering with our sister companies where appropriate to offer a wide variety of training solutions, including classroom training, e-learning courses, videos and games.
For more, visit eukleia.com.