We are looking for a talented Developer to join our team at Eukleia.
The Software Engineer collaborates with the engineering team in the development of large and smaller custom software development projects, as they carry out sprints of design and implementation work. Drawing on industry-wide best-practice and a broad range of technical knowledge, the Software Engineer is responsible for defining, estimating, and delivering new (productised) software (sub-)systems as well as extending existing ones. They ensure that proposals are technically robust and correctly estimated and go on to give the development team clear guidance on how to approach the execution of build tasks as well as quality assuring their work during implementation.
To be successful, this individual needs to be enthusiastic, passionate and self-motivated, capable of learning quickly and reacting to a world of ever evolving technologies.
Delivering software architectures:
- In collaboration with the engineering team, analysing client requirements, breaking them down into appropriate and accurately estimable development tasks.
- Undertaking development tasks efficiently within estimates.
- Collaborate and peer-review colleague’s code
- Manage quality assurance by maintaining code standards, design principles and source code analysis tools through to the use of continuous integration, automated unit testing, deployment automation and code coverage tools
- Design, develop and test your own code where appropriate
- B.Sc. in any of the STEM fields or equivalent demonstrable work experience
- Demonstrable experience developing software features that comply with code standards and understood design principles.
- Demonstrable experience developing software features that are implement well executed test coverage, making use of tools and libraries such as Selenium, Jest, etc.
- Excellent understanding of a wide range of technologies, processes, tools and systems
- Demonstrable experience with an open-source learning (content) management systems
- Comprehensive knowledge of version control and release management with Git, Github or Bitbucket;
- Demonstrable experience using Scrum methodology
- Demonstrable experience deploying and optimising responsive applications for mobile experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
At Eukleia we offer a competitive salary and an impressive benefits package including a healthcare cash plan, life assurance, pension contributions, a ShareSave scheme, flexible working, a discretionary bonus scheme and travel loans along with access to Perkbox for individually tailored benefits and offers. All that and great bean-to-cup coffee and fresh fruit in our UK offices.
About the company:
Eukleia was first established in 2005, and has gone from strength to strength as a specialist Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC) training consultancy ever since. Eukleia has offices in both London and New York, catering to an international clientele, including many of the world’s leading banks.
Our capabilities cover all aspects of training, from initial course design through to delivery and assessment. As part of Learning Technologies Group plc, we create engaging and accessible learning, partnering with our sister companies where appropriate to offer a wide variety of training solutions, including classroom training, e-learning courses, videos and games.
For more, visit eukleia.com.